When I arrived in Frankfurt I had to go through security again which was a pain because there were LOTS of people and they only had one line operating. It took a really long time, but I had over an hour before the next flight so it was no big deal. That flight ended up being a bit delayed, but it was pretty empty so there wasn't anyone sitting next to me or even around me at all. The flight from Frankfurt to Nuremberg is only about 40 minutes or so, but I got in another nice rest. I took a cab home because Mr. Sneaker was at work and my friend Jilly met me at home since I didn't have a key with me and she has our extra. Mr. Sneaker asked her to come over to let me in and it was nice to have her there to greet me. My wonderful husband did all of his laundry while I was away, but the apartment was not exactly neat and tidy, so Jill helped me change the sheets and make the bed and then she volunteered to vacuum while I put his clothes away and unpacked my suitcase as well. I have been living out of a suitcase for long enough and I felt the urge to get everything (including all the new purchases) organized and put away. It is so hot here I was dripping in sweat when I was done and took an icy shower to cool off! Then we met up with another friend for dinner at the Mexican restaurant near the school we all worked at. After dinner I came home to find my favorite guy and I am so happy to be back with him!
After being away from home for 2.5 weeks, I am definitely ready to get back to a regular workout routine. I feel out of shape and I miss vegetables. I definitely ate my fair share of veges from my dad's garden in CT, but other than that they were lacking in my vacation diet! After indulging in cupcakes at two amazing cupcake places in DC with my bff, I am swearing off sugar for the rest of the summer and starting tomorrow I am seriously going to try and kick the soda habit as well. (Wish me luck!).
I didn't take a ton of photos during my trip to the US, but I definitely took some cupcake shots...
First stop Hello Cupcake
peanut butter blossom
dulce de leche
next stop Georgetown Cupcake
Peanut Butter Fudge
(fudge was in the middle!)
carrot
(Not as good as the Pennsylvania Dutch carrot cake my mama gets in Lancaster)
We preferred the cupcakes at Georgetown Cupcake but the fact that we had to wait in line (outside on a 90ยบ + day) with about 40 other people probably made them seem that much more desirable.
My bff Cristina and me
boo for blurry pictures, but I was using my old camera as our newer one is getting replaced bc it broke
Maybe someday I will have a cupcake shop of my own!
My creations aren't half bad
and both of these batches (chocolate with peanut butter cream frosting and vanilla with vanilla butter cream frosting) came out pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself!
What is your favorite kind of cupcake??
I have the feeling I will sleep nice and late tomorrow because Germany is 6 hours ahead of CT and D.C., but I really hope to go through all of the pages I tore from the Instructor magazines that I read on vacation and put together some good teacher posts! Stay tuned!! Hopefully I won't melt in the process because it is HOT and Germany does not have air conditioning!!

2 comments:
Mmmm cupcakes!! They are why my middle is currently bigger than it should be ;)
I'm glad you're back home and happy. I can't even imagine not having air conditioning. I would die. Seriously. I'm a huge wimp about it and am quite glad that my last school and my new school were both air conditioned!
I just visited Georgetown Cupcakes the other week! I had the chocolate coconut and it was awesome! And I only had to wait like 5 or 10 minutes. By the way, I came across your blog after seeing the link on Kindergarten's 3R's blog. This will be my first year teaching and I'll be teaching Kindergarten. I just wanted to say Hi!
Post a Comment