I feel like the blogging world goes through trends just like the regular world. I have noticed lately that many of the blogs I read have been polling their readers to find out what kinds of topics they like best. My blog is primarily about teaching, however I throw in a lot of other topics because I am a person and not just a teacher. There are other things happening in my life that I like to write about as well. Everytime I am introduced to a new blog feature I want to try it out. Maybe I am being a copycat, but I feel like imitation is the best form of flattery.
Sometimes I write posts about teaching that I think will get lots of comments and then.... ::insert cricket chirping:: there is not a lot of chatter about them. Other times, when I write about random stuff, like making bagels, comments are coming out the wazoo. I don't write just to get comments, but I do love comments! What blogger doesn't?? I especially love to get comments regarding teaching topics, yet sometimes I feel like those posts are the ones that get the least comments. I know that many of my readers are teachers, so I sssume they come interested to read about teaching related topics, but maybe not.
I am really interested to "know my audience." What brings you to Sneaker Teacher? What makes you return? Do you enjoy the posts, but don't comment? I would love to know more! Please leave a comment and let me know!
If you are a reader, but don't often comment, take a look at the poll at the top of the page.
Do you like to read about?
Teacher Talk-Classroom Scenarios
Teacher Talk-Issues in Education
Teacher Talk-Lesson Ideas/Teaching Materials
Living in Germany
Daily Life
Fitness/Working Out
Goals
Eating Well
My Doctoral Program/Being in School
(You can select more than one!)
Thanks!

9 comments:
I like the variety. I am a teacher who is also interested in health and fitness. And I think it is cool that you are teaching and living in a different country.
I like the variety. I am a teacher who is also interested in health and fitness. And I think it is cool that you are teaching and living in a different country.
Hmm...I comment on most of your posts unless I'm way to busy to read blogs that day, so I am not the best person to ask. I just like you so basically whatever you post about I like. I think it's interesting to hear about your new experiences in Germany, at your job, in life etc :)
Katie, I love that you post a variety of things. Of course I like the ones about your life in Germany the best. BTW, are you still going to Ireland and when are you doing that?
I think I read almost all of your posts, or try to at least, but don't always comment. Sorry! :)
I love your wide variety of topics, and feel I can relate to a lot of your career/teaching related posts!
It is very hard to know what is going to draw people out to comment. Some are just not commenters by nature.
At the blogging conference this weekend it was discussed that you should make sure your posts have something in them that the reader can relate to, it should resonate with them in some way. They should feel connected to the post. Sometimes that is just through a series of posts---they are connected because they have been following the story and are actively engaged. Other times it relates to something they have gone through, FEAR, or can identify with in other ways.
To be honest I don't normally search out the blogs that revolve around teaching, HOWEVER, you and Kelly are the only teachers I follow, therefore I like the change from "foodie blogs" to other topics, like teaching! So I say keep doing what you're doing, and throw in some food and wellness info too. I'd also like to sometimes learn what you think about how food effects your students...good diets vs. bad diets. That would be neat!
I usually lurk when reading blogs because I read them through Google Reader and to leave a comment means going to your actual site.
Another reason is because I have limited time. ( who doesn't!) I am relaxing with a snow day today and enjoying my leisure blog reading!
Finally, I think I don't comment as much as I would like because I think..why would anyone want to know what I think?
I like reading your blog for mainly the reasons Karin K said above-- I relate to the things you share--all of it--teaching & learning, food, living in a foreign country, and everyday life.
Keep it up and I promise to drop comments as I can!
http://myschooldazeplus.blogspot.com
Post a Comment