Weekend Recap

This weekend I set out to get a lot accomplished and I am really happy with my success. My To Do list has a lot of black cross outs!

With regards to catching up on school work, I talked with my Portland partner for an hour and fifteen minutes this afternoon about our joint project, read a long chapter for Comparative International Education on teacher professionalism in Japan and the U.S., finished 4 pages on my paper about education in Germany, and will hopefully be able to read a few pages in my book about the history of education in New York before I crash tonight.

As if those tasks were not enough, I also read Food Rules (really easy read, but fantastic tips about eating) and a book called Attention Deficit Disorder: A Different Perspective (which I will definitely post about tomorrow or sometime this week!).

We booked our hotels for Dublin and Cork and chose hotels for the Dingle Peninsula and Galway and I am really excited to plan some of the activities for our trip.

We also went on a great hike yesterday and tromped through quite a bit of snow. Luckily we took lots of snack breaks and Claudia made a yummy rum cake for us!

 
  
  
  
 

Claudia is a teacher at a German Hauptschule/Realschule, so I chatted with her about what it's like to teach for a German school. Why not gather some info for my paper while hiking?? It was really interesting to learn more about the different schools at the secondary level and get an insider's perspective.

I can't believe it is 12:02 am as I type this because I really should be in bed. I don't think I relaxed at all today, but I did sleep 12 hours last night, so I guess I started the day pretty well rested. I got in a great run on the treadmill at the gym and I feel like it was a really productive weekend!

Tune in tomorrow for some more on the book about ADD that I read!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I went for a run yesterday through our local park and there were tons of germans out for their sunday walk even thought it was quite cold and still lots of snow on the path. I love it!
Laura in Ludwigsburg

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Off to do my 30 day shread!! Have a wonderful Monday!

Kelly said...

Wow, sounds like a productive weekend- I might need some tips on how to have more productive weekends.

You are going to love Dingle, it's so gorgeous! Are you guys renting a car? Make sure you rent a small one haha