1. No soda/coffee:
I will admit, I completely and utterly failed at this goal. I did cut down on drinking coffee at work, which is great, but I need to continue working on the soda thing.... still trying!
2. Eat at least one completely unprocessed food with each meal:
I wrote down my food intake (on most days) this month and have definitely added more raw and cooked vegetables into my daily eating although my documentation was not complete enough to really know if I was successful at each and every meal. I am, however, making a conscious effort to reduce the amount of processed foods and I would say this goal was successful. I want to keep it up and continue improving my meals.
3. Read at least one book for pleasure:
I read In Defense of Food, Food Rules, Attention Deficit Disorder, & Driven to Distraction. (Yes, two of those are work/school related reads, but I did read them for pleasure just for my own interest, so I counted them)
4. Leave no more than one item unfinished on daily To Do lists:
I have data for this one! I was successful on 15 out of 22 To Do lists. When I was on my weekend trip, I did not make lists, so that is why there were only 22. I have one for this weekend, but I decided to write this post today, so that accounts for the other 2 days in February. Bottom line, I got a lot accomplished this month!
5. Write 4 pages per week on my Comparative International Edudcation paper:
I have 16 pages written and there were 4 weeks in February. Success!
6. Work out 5 times per week:
Week 1: 5 workouts
Week 2: 5 workouts
Week 3: 4 written down, but I think I did 5
Week 4: I have done 2 workouts so far, but since it is Saturday it looks like this week's total will be 4
I would say I was pretty successful with that goal!
I think some of these will carry over into my goals for March, but I would also like to include some different goals as well....
- Do pilates video 3 times per week: I used to do pilates a lot and really saw benefits from this type of workout. I want to try and incorporate more into my workout routine. I have a very short (20 min.) buns and thighs video and I am thinking of getting up 15 minutes earlier and just getting it done before school. If I spent a little less time reading blogs in the am, I could definitely make this happen!
- Strength training 3 times per week: I am going back to letting cardio overtake my entire workout schedule. I made a plan to do more weight lifting and started out doing well, but then I crept back into my old ways of cardio cardio cardio.
- Continue with cleaner eating and also cut down on soda, coffee, sugar intake, and chocolate (this one is less measurable, but with keeping track of what I eat, I will be able to see how I am doing).
- I am still loving the To Do lists, so I am going to continue with that. Let's see if I can do better than 68% success this time.
- Plan/Organize for our trip to Ireland. I would like to create a written itinerary (which I have already started) so that we are really organized when we travel.
- Try two new healthy recipes.
What would you like to accomplish this month?
What helps you follow through with your goals? Writing them down? Posting a visual? Writing in a journal?