
I love making lists. I make them for everything and really enjoy crossing off items because it gives me a great sense of accomplishment. Since summer is officially here, I thought I would make a list of 10 things I want to accomplish this summer. (Considering I have no idea what turns life will take in the next few months this is completely a for fun in an ideal world kind of list).
In no particular order....
1. Cook more! During the school year I am always in a rush to eat when I get home and I rarely ever cook good meals. I love the leisure of cooking and eating in the summer.
2. Establish a morning workout routine incorporating a little Tracy, a little Jackie, and a lot of Jillian.
3. Get credits. I want to start my course work for my doctorate. My goal was originally 16 credits which would bump me to the next level on the pay scale (this only applies if I stay with my current district). Since we are headed to Germany on Saturday I am not able to take two of the courses I was planning on, so I may not make it to 16 credits this summer, but I am hoping for at least 9.
4. Read 10 good books. I am always reading several different books at once but lately they have all been professional development books related to teaching and instruction. I would love to read some good novels this summer including My Sister's Keeper (even though I already read that) because it was made into a movie and I remember it being a really great book.
5. Write a letter to one of my grandma's every week. Even though my grandma in Florida uses email, she still always looks forward to getting my letters in the mail. My other grandmother (in-law) is 93 and lives in Arizona. She is a pistol but I know how to charm her and she also loves getting letters in the mail.
6. Visit my family in CT and see my adorable little niece before she gets too big!
7. Visit my bff in Virginia. She and her husband just bought a house. She came to PDX to visit me last year and I owe her a trip!
8. Get together with friends. Some of my teacher friends that I went through my master's program with and I get together once a month for happy hour or dinner. I would love to continue this over the summer because it is so fun to chat and relax.
9. Take more photos. I always have my camera with me and I never actually take photos. I would like to get more photos of my husband and me and work more on my other blog Team Toppel.
10. RELAX. I guess it is something I really don't do enough but apparently I am very stressed (enough to chip my tooth by grinding my teeth) so obviously I need to practice relaxing. I am always on the go and need to make time to just sit, relax, and not multitask for once!
What are your summer plans?? Tag you're it...make your own top ten to do list for summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment