
Typically at the end of the year we show a movie on field day because the kids are so wiped out from their morning of games outside, that sitting and watching a movie is all the energy they can muster. This year we got the afternoon slot for field day so we skipped our movie and had a productive pre-fun educational morning.
Since we have done a fun end of the year movie every year, I was thinking of showing one on Wednesday just as a way for the kids to relax and enjoy while I do some much needed organizing.
I have gotten past feeling guilty about showing a movie, however the one I wanted to show (Bolt) is rated PG, so now I am not so sure. I know the kids watch movies with that rating at home and our school showed Kung Fu Panda for a family night which is also rated PG, but I am hesitant. I feel like I have to check with the boss or something. I feel like since they have told me about Jason, Chuckie, and Jaws that they have seen content far worse than Bolt would offer, but I don't want to be inappropriate in any way.
I guess I will preview the movie tonight or tomorrow and use my teacher judgement to see if it will be okay or not. I find a lot of stuff geared for kids (Disney channel, Hannah Montana ah hem) to be inappropriate so I am probably more stringent than most parents would be.
Have you seen Bolt? Do you think it is okay for first graders to watch? In general should little kids be limited to G rated movies at school? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:
Post a Comment