Birthday!

Today was my birthday! It started out a little stressful because we had meetings regarding our pending relocation, but the rest of the day was really fun.

My husband and I went to get a drink at a cute little place in the town center. It is so relaxed here and I definitely need some of that to rub off on me because I am always rushing and hurrying! We met some friends around 8 and went to an Indian restaurant in Erlangen for dinner. We are having some trouble reading menus in German, but luckily the friends we met up with speak German so they helped us translate. The food was SO good and we left full and happy.

I got some ice cream for dessert and we hung out at a festival that was taking place in the street. There were different beer booths, various chocolatey desserts, rides and games. I am definitely putting on some kilos on this trip. We are walking a lot during the day, but it is really hard to eat healthy because we eat out all the time and we are in vacation mode right now. I don't usually eat a lot of desserts and unhealthy food, but I feel like I am so stressed out by other aspects of the trip that I am just eating anything that is in front of me. (That is also due to the fact that most of the time I can't read the menus!).

Tomorrow I am meeting the professor from the university in Nuremberg. I have not yet gotten down how to pronounce his name, so I will affectionately refer to him as "the professor." Hopefully it will be easy enough to communicate with him and talk with him about possibly mentoring me through my doctoral experience.

After we are done in Nuremberg we are heading to another city for some fun. I wish I could post pictures, but I have to wait until I get home to sync up my camera. I am usually so bad about taking photos, but I knew this would be an important trip, so I have been using the camera a lot to capture the beauty of the old cities and sites.

More to come...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad you are having fun in Germany so far. I can't wait to see all the pictures!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! How neat that you got to spend you special day in Germany!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Jen said...

You've been tagged!! Come by my blog and hope you play along!!

Jen