Whew! Our Kindergarten Back to School Night, or "Meet and Greet" was tonight and it was a blur of cute kiddos and parents. It is so hard to actually remember everyone since I have 42 students and I was trying to move them all through my line so people at the end didn't have to wait too long. The kiddos were all super adorable and I can't wait to get to know them better. I thought I would be shocked by how little they are, but they are just too cute! There are a few in particular that are just to die for! Hopefully they are all perfect angels, right?
We checked to make sure that our information on how each child will get home is correct and then we sent each family to the classroom to drop off their supplies, get a photo of the child, and pick up their information packet. Fortunately I color coded everything so I could keep my two sessions straight! After we checked everybody in, we did a presentation in the cafeteria to give the parents some more information about Kindergarten while the kids took a ride on the bus. It was a busy night and I am excited for school to start!
That wasn't the most exciting part of the day though...I got a call from my mom and my sister-in-law's water broke a few hours ago, so she is on her way to the hospital to deliver baby #2! They already have a daughter and I can't wait to see pictures of my second niece! Yay!
I know I should be tired, but I am a bit wired from all the excitement of today. I will probably stay up until I hear that the baby has been born. So exciting!

3 comments:
that is truly exciting!!! congrats on your second niece!!!
Yayyy congrats to your sister in law and you for having another niece :) I don't think I'm going to have any nieces or nephews til after I'm a mom and we all know that will not be too soon haha.
My meet and greet was yesterday too and it was crazy with 21 kid so I can't imagine how you did that times 2. Glad some are cute :)
Totally agree with Kelly - I "only" have 22 students (and some of them didn't show up), but my Meet the Teacher night was ABSOLUTELY INSANE. I was sweating profusely the entire time, running from one family to another, and saying the exact same thing over and over. WHEW.
Post a Comment