I actually made it to spin class this morning before school at 5:30 am! It felt great, but it was a long day that didn't end until 9:30 at night when my doctoral classes were over. Wednesday I join this year's cohort for year 1 core classes and then Thursdays I join up with my cohort that I worked with last year via Skype from Germany for the year 2 core courses. I kind of sensed the nervous energy from the group tonight and I felt a lot more relaxed and informed about the process that they seemed. Everyone seemed nice, but it's tough to have 5 hours of class after 9 hours of work! Whew! I am enjoying some TV to relax now because I won't be in the classroom tomorrow so I feel like I can stay up a bit later. I am attending a training on positive behavior support and classroom management tomorrow. I already took the training during my first year of teaching, but my principal wanted me to do it again since I am teaching a new grade level this year. I told my PM Kinder class that I would not see them tomorrow but I will see them on Friday. One little boy said, "That's a long time." So sweet. The other times I was out for training, I greeted my class and did the morning greeting circle before leaving because the time of the training allowed me to do that. Tomorrow will be the first time my AM class has a sub and the first time the PM class has a sub for the entire session. I am sure it will go great because Jill will be there, but I always worry a bit about what will happen when I am not there! I hope the kiddos are good for Jilly!
I already have a lot of work for one of the classes that started today, but so far from what I can see on the syllabus, the amount of work seems manageable. Hopefully tomorrow's class will stick with that trend. I feel like I haven't posted a ton about what I am doing in the classroom lately. I think that is because I am posting more of that for the parents on my other blog. I kind of like to keep this one separate from that one, but I will try harder to include some info and pics about what we have been up to!

2 comments:
Glad the work seems manageable! And that was sure a cute comment that little boy gave you... "a long time" indeed :)
aww so cute about a long time- i love kiddos!
Post a Comment