Tired

Today we had some more math training and at this point I am feeling like I just need to spend some time on my own digging into the lessons and figuring it out. I attended the two-day training last week and we have had an additional two sessions for staff members who did not opt to participate in that training since then. Most of what we have heard has been a repetition of what was already shared, so at this point it feels like a less than productive use of our time. I brought my manual home so I can read through the first few lessons this weekend. We also got brand new laptops today which feels extravagant considering all the budget deficits. I guess the money comes from a different budget and the district adopted a technology plan years ago that they are continuing to implement. Of course it's nice to be handed a brand new MacBook, yet I would have been fine using the other computer that was just 4 years old.

I spent most of the afternoon in my room just running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I feel like I am trying to keep track of 100 things all at once and I just hope I am doing the necessary things to be prepared on Wednesday. We did get together for some team planning, yet we just went over a few of the typical back to school activities that our kiddos will work on. I still need to flush out all of the different routines I want to teach, the stories I want to read, and what will happen when. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get all that thought out, prepared, and organized. I don't want to go in to work this weekend, but I will probably end up having to. I would much rather spend time working my way through some of the back to school books that I purchased in order to get ready that have been sitting around in my room collecting dust. Each day just seems to fly by and before I know it, it's time for bed and I haven't gotten everything done. I am so exhausted and I know that will only intensify once the kids come! Yikes!

I took a few more pictures in the room today, but nothing is looking majorly different. I am just finishing up little projects here and there and trying to make everything just right.

name tags and supplies are all set

a few more touches added to the wall (days of week & calendar)

view of our carpet area

I hung the beach ball lights above the writing table for some extra inspiration!

love them!

In other news...my niece was born this morning at 3:31 am weighing in at 8 pounds 9 ounces. She is beautiful and both she and her mama are doing well!

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

The tables look cute. I know what you mean- we've had kids already and then today they made us do some annoying meeting and I'm like I NEED TIME IN MY ROOM TO FIGURE THINGS OUT. Frustrating!

Courtney said...

Congratulations Auntie. I know what you mean about being exhausetd. We have been in 3weeks now and we are still struggling to get everything together.