Special K

Two posts in one day...this must be special...

I just got an email from my district in Portland informing me that I have been placed in...wait for it....


Kindergarten

This was the first position that became available, so I have been officially placed, but I can still apply for other openings if anything else becomes available.

I was hoping for an older grade level, so at this point, I am maintaining the viewpoint that this is still up for negotiation because the placement is not at the school where I previously worked and I would love more than anything to get a job there again.

Kinder is half day in the district which means two different classes during the day and probably 50 students. I am pondering.... I was originally told I would teacher Kinder when I was first hired, then I was moved to First  Grade because another teacher requested the Kindergarten spot.

I sure would get those hugs I have been craving...


Thoughts? 
Can I get a woot! woot! from Kelly!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought that kindies would be so hard to teach! Not any harder than 1st grade, though...I would probably take the position (just for a job) and then keep my fingers crossed for a move. Good luck with your decision!

Unknown said...

What school did you get placed in? I know kinder isn't your first choice but you'll be great at it!

Mr. Halpern said...

Well I think you KNOW what I think about that... :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

I think you will be awesome with the special K's. I understand your desire but boy if this doesn't give you a test of patience I don't know what else will. Have a wonderful weekend.