The Speech

For those of you who missed it--and are interested to know what President Obama said today in his speech to students--click here to read his speech.

I appreciate all the comments about my post a few days ago. Thanks to everyone who left one!

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I sat with a few of my students (4th/5th graders) and watched the speech this morning. I loved it. Thought it was great. And, it was great to watch the reactions of some of my students and see them nodding their head in agreeance at times!

ELL Forever said...

I'm glad to hear you read the comments. I had said this "was a first", but I guess there has been an earlier attempt to do the same with similar reactions. Here's a link to read about that one.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/08/elder-bushs-speech-students-drew-democratic-probe/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r1:c0.084997:b27595164:z0

Today's speech was shown to the upper grades in my school. The younger children, k-3 didn't watch it. Several children were excused and some others didn't attend school. Everyone was happy, I guess :)

Unknown said...

I thought it was a great speech. Hope all my students show up to watch it on Thursday morning.

Sneaker Teacher said...

And after all the negativity surrounding the speech, one thing I heard on the radio struck me--If that speech helped to motivated ONE student, or make ONE student set a goal or feel more accountable for being at school/doing homework, then it was successful. We can hope that it inspired more students, but if it somehow turned the life around of one person, maybe that is the person who goes on to discover the cure for cancer....You NEVER know!