I am so impressed with Amazon's international shipping! The receipt from my online order said that my books would arrive around October 5th, which is the week after class starts, but when we went over to our new apartment today to put some light bulbs in the new light fixtures, my package was waiting right outside the door! In Germany, the delivery person will leave your package with a neighbor if they ring you and you are not home. I guess the neighbor accepted my package and just left it outside our apartment door. What a nice surprise. I ordered on Sept. 6th, so it really didn't take that long. I was kind of preparing to ask my teacher for an extension on the assignment for the first week because it requires reading from the text, but now I don't have to.
This week is crazy because of some deliveries we are getting at our new place. I am working tomorrow afternoon instead of in the morning because I have to be at our apt. from 8-12 for the phone/internet person. Then I am taking the whole day off on Tuesday because the stuff we ordered from IKEA is being delivered and assembled, which could take awhile considering it's two huge wardrobes and a desk. Luckily, I only work 3 hours a day and the teachers I work with are very flexible so I was able to switch around my schedule for the week and add some hours on other days.
I am really hoping to hear back this week about the SPED position! The application deadline is Tuesday, so I am expecting to either get an interview or hear about the next steps very soon!

1 comment:
How nice! Amazon sounds very speedy. When I was living in Spain it would take about three months for a package to arrive from California...eek!
Post a Comment