Anyone else appalled/disgusted/shocked by Kanye's stunt at the VMA's on Sunday night? If you haven't heard about it, when Taylor Swift was called on stage to accept the award for Best Female video (or something like that), Kanye stormed the stage, grabbed the mic, and proceeded to proclaim that Beyonce should have won because her video is one of the best of all time. Poor Taylor stood there quietly shocked and lost her chance to say her speech because time ran out.
I just have to say that I am SO sick of celebrities who behave poorly with no regard for the consequences and then issue an apology written by their publicist and think that all is good. Did Kayne apolpogize? Yes, he did. Does that change the fact that he ruined Taylor's big moment and she can never ever get it back? No, it does not. What he did was rude, uncalled for, unacceptable. Why he was not stopped, excorted off stage, and removed from the event, I have no idea!
I read that perhaps this was staged in order to give a little bit of wow factor to the VMA's this year. What do you think? I would not put it past MTV, however I don't really see the point in staging something like that. Britney Spears tearing off her tuxedo suit to reveal a nude sparkly outfit....sure, but playing an egptistical man against a young, innocent country singer seems like a lame way to add some sizzle to the event. Sure, Taylor ended up getting a lot of attention for it, but most people were thinking "poor Taylor" rather than "yea her video was great."
Based on what I read, Taylor was spotted sobbing back stage, which she probably would not have done had she known Kayne was going to do that. If they planned it without letting her know, that still would have been really cruel. I think what happened is that Kanye is an a@s with a self centered approach to life that makes him feel like he can do whatever he wants because of his fame and money. It makes me sad that often celebrity status brings with it such a propensity for self indulgence and self centeredness. I do not think that his apology is enough. Yes, it is important to say you are sorry and acknowledge poor behavior, but when behavior is as rude and deplorable as Kanye's, the apology does nothing to make up for what actually took place.
There are many ways that people can respectfully express themselves and their opinions such as blogs, interviews, talk shows etc. The way he chose to share his opinion was just wrong.

5 comments:
Amen! And the worst part is that celebrities are the "role models" that most kids look up to.
Ditto J4luck, I hate that our children tell me they want to be a singer or an actress when they grow up, not that there is anything wrong with that, but I hardly ever hear doctor, or teacher, or builder.
I agree with you 100%
I totally agree with you and the other commenters. I live in fear that Miley Cyrus will turn bad some day! (my daughter is a big fan)
I also read about that stunt, just completely rude and his apology was sort of half-hearted also. To the tone of 'I'm sorry, but Beyonce's video was still better.'
Interesting story you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning this topic. Thank you for giving this material.
Sexy Lady
Busty escort London
Post a Comment