He did share with me that they have a Special Needs position available, which I already knew but had not applied for yet because I was waiting to see what would happen with the first grade position before doing so. After talking with him, I did get a sense that perhaps there was a little strategizing on their part to get me to apply for the Special Needs position because, let's face it, special education is not as desirable for most teachers as a position in general education is and they are actually pretty lucky to have someone at their fingertips who is qualified and skilled for that type of work. Had they selected me for the first grade post, they may not have had any applicants for the SPED post which they want to fill soon for a mid October start date.
Although I am sure I would have really liked teaching first grade again, I am excited about the prospect of the Special Needs position and I really hope they select me for it. I would never have the chance to work with older students in the U.S. because my certification is only for elementary and the rules are strict and enforced now so teachers are highly qualified for any specialty area they are teaching. For some reason I feel like I am in the middle of things working out the way they are supposed to and falling into place according to some bigger plan. I submitted my cover letter and resume before leaving work today and I am hoping to hear from the director soon either asking for an interview or to hire me (just dreaming!).
Fingers crossed!

3 comments:
Yes, keep trusting the bigger plan is just taking shape and it's te best for you! :)
I enjoyed reading this, because I as soon as I read your first sentence I was already thinking what you wrote.
I am praying for you.
I am firm believer in things happening for a reason and there being a bigger plan! I hope you get the position! It would be a great opportunity for you to get that experience! As a former SPED teacher I can say it's a very rewarding job and one that I know you will be great at! You are such a great teacher and your students will be lucky to have you as their teacher!
Post a Comment