Job Update

I heard from one of the 3rd grade teachers who I currently assist that the principal spoke to her about the options for a new TA....

Which would indicate to me that I possibly will be hired for the SPED position!

She also said that right now I am the only qualified applicant, so things are looking good. The application deadline is next Tuesday, but I have a feeling it is going to work in my favor.

The principal of the elementary school also spoke with me about it today in the hallway and sort of seemed apologetic that they did not even interview me for the first grade maternity leave opening, but like I said before, I just kind of feel like the way that it's working out is the way it's meant to be.

I am already brainstorming ideas of how to help these students that are needing extra support, even though I don't know the kids/ages/subjects yet. I think I am just trying to feel prepared to work with high schoolers! Yikes :0)

I am anxious to get our shipment which includes all of my teaching resource books and some teaching materials so that I can be ready.

Ok, I am acting like I already got the job and I haven't yet, so that is enough!

I went shopping today for my Back to School supplies to be ready for my fall term grad courses. The stuff I got is so funny to me. The planner is in German and has an Ice Age theme (like the kids' movie), but pretty easy to figure out. I need something to get myself organized not only for my assignments but for many appointments for our new apartment like the washer/dryer delivery, the installation of the lights, the IKEA delivery, and the internet installation.

Still keeping the fingers crossed and hoping for some definite news soon!

1 comment:

Nicolasa said...

Great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!