This is a traditional German dress called a dirndl. They are surprisingly colorful and somewhat (gasp!) sexy! Apparently they are meant to be very flattering on a woman's figure regardless of her size. Isn't that every woman's dream? I was trying this on at a department store, but I didn't get it. My friend and I just did a little photo montage to have some fun. There were so many options and they are not cheap. This one cost about 79 Euros, but the one I really liked was a little nicer quality and cost 130 Euros. Many people wear dirnels to Oktoberfest or other beer festivals. I am not sure yet if I actually want to buy one, but I have to admit it was really fun to try them on yesterday!

3 comments:
Haha thats awesome- love it!
That's super adorable! Get one, get one! I regret not getting a flamenco dress when I was in Spain.
79 and 130€ are good prices for a Dirndl! The ones I've seen were closer to 400€.
Post a Comment