Friend Makin' Monday

It's Friend Makin Monday again!

Today's task is to:

List 5-10 of your favorite things! These can be things you think everyone must have, a collection of things you have, or some product or miracle invention that has changed your life

***I am stealing a very clever idea from another blogger whose Friend Makin' post I just read. There was a very similar topic back in July which I have copied. Anything in blue is a new comment that I am adding today. (Makes it a bit easier, but now I have more bloggy friends who have not read this before...)***

Diet Coke! (Coca-Cola light in Germany)
I tried to give this up when we moved to Germany, because Cola Light is just not the same as Diet Coke, but alas, the addiction continues....

Kitchen Aid Mixer
My mixer is still with our shipment of stuff that has not arrived yet, but I am excited to get it back! We almost didn't bring it because of the difference in electrical outlets here, but to buy one here with a European plug costs about 500 Euros or more! The only sad thing is that I don't know if I will do as much baking here because it seems like some key ingredients (baking soda, brown sugar, & vanilla are very different...)



Sharpies in every color of the rainbow
LOVE them!


Bare Minerals Makeup
Yup, still love it. Stocked up before we moved because I can't buy it here!


Books!!!
If you check out some recent posts, you will see proof of my love for books. I have ordered from amazon.com, amazon.de, half.com, and borders.com since moving here a little over a month ago!

MacBook Pro (essential for my blogging!)
live.eat.sleep.mac

Chi Flatiron
LOVE IT
I have a new flat iron now that I bought for our ten day "look see" trip to Germany. That is how deep my obsession goes...before we even knew if we were going to move here, I bought a 120 dollar flat iron with the correct European plug so I would not have to go without one during our 10 day trip. The Chi DOES NOT work with the conversion plugs, so I didn't want to risk blowing it out. I figured even if we didn't move here, 12 dollars a day for good hair was worth it! My new flat iron is a Sedu and it's great too.

And of course, I could never live without my wonderful husband, my great friends, and my supportive family. I don't think any of them really want their pictures up on my blog, so I will just say that they are beautiful and awesome!

10 comments:

MadeInCanarias said...

great list! I have books on my list too :)

Beth P. said...

Great list! I love books and those sharpies look like so much fun! Your blog is wonderful, I'm going to follow!
Happy Friend Makin Monday!

Anonymous said...

ooo great list! I love the chi.. I need to buy one. My SIL has one (she is a hair stylist) and everytime she does my hair I swear Im going to buy one but don't! I will have to get one :-)

Erica Thomas said...

Bare minerals eh? I've thought about taking the plunge but haven't yet.

I don't understand, do we post our favorite things on our blogs, or in response to your post?

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love my bare minerals and my kitchen aid mixer!!! Great list.

Nicolasa said...

What a great list! I totally forgot to add books to mine, but they are definitely up there! Sharpies are a must have and so is the Chi straightener!

Anonymous said...

love the sharpie pic! Great list!!

Unknown said...

When we traveled to europe last summer, I learned the HARD way that my Chi would not work with the conversion kit!!!!!!

Glad to see your list still applies!

Happy Monday!
~Becca

Amber Filkins said...

Ooh, great ones!! I'm thinking that the internet has definitely been a universal one. :) I've had Coca Cola Light in Mexico and in Iceland. I noticed that it seemed to be more carbonated.

I always love and neeeed my straight iron!

Happy Monday!!

Brandy said...

Oooooo YES! My Chi flatiron! Duh, why didn't I think of that! Love your list!

Stopping by from FMM!