Appreciation

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!!

Right now Baby Sneaker is cuddled up against me in a Moby wrap. Thank goodness for baby products that allow mommies to use both hands while still getting good cuddle time with their babies. The Moby is complicated to wrap/tie, but once it's on, I get a few hours of time to get things done while Baby Sneaker sleeps. I sent this picture to my staff this morning. I miss the friends and other teachers from school, yet at the same time my life is filled with a new contentment that I never imagined having from being in my house all day. It's not like I am home all day everyday and never leave the house, but being an at home mom for the time being certainly is a lot different than being a busy working lady. But I love it. There is a fabulous sense of schedule-free happiness that doesn't exist when I am working. Teachers operate on on such a tight schedule at school and I feel like I thrive on schedules, but it's really nice to go with the flow a bit more. Baby Sneaker rules the roost and we do things according to what she wants when she wants. Eventually, when she is old enough, we will have more of a schedule, but for now, I am enjoying a bit of aimlessness. I will make a plan of a few things I want to get accomplished each day, but if they don't get done, I don't worry about it. 

I finished reading Multiplication is for White People and I really enjoyed it. I found a couple of great quotes and points to add to the literature review in my paper. Although Lisa Delpit focuses on meeting the needs of Black students, her points apply to my thoughts about culturally and linguistically diverse students as well. Now all I need is for 10 teachers from my district to be just as interested in the topic as I am so my class can run this summer!!!

I worked a bit on the abstract for my dissertation proposal last night. I have class next weekend and it's due. I have also been working on the Human Subjects application and the proposal draft here and there whenever I get time. I think I am in a good place considering I probably won't be able to defend until fall so my plan is to just continue refining it until it's time to present and defend. 

I have been hearing awesome things about the book 50 Shades of Gray. I haven't purchased it for my Kindle yet because from the sounds of it, I will get sucked in and won't do anything else until I finish reading it...Have you read it?? What did you think? Scandalous??

3 comments:

Miss Trayers said...

I will have to check out the multiplication book-I hadn't heard of that. Always looking for ways to help reach all kinds of kids.

50 Shades was....interesting. Very, very graphic (but you probalby knew that already). I believe there are 3 books in the series, so don't look for an ending to tie everything up (really didn't intend the pun there :).

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I have heard of 50 shades but haven't read it yet, been having trouble getting into books the last few weeks for some reason. Might need something that I really want to read!

Doodle Bugs said...

She's precious!

Well, let me just say that I have read all 3 50 shades books and I am currently reading them AGAIN!

Yes, you will prob get sucked in.. and they are pretty intense. They are juicy.. I read something online that says that if you "get it" then you realize it is more than just sex- (however there is alot) that it is a love story. And, I truly agree! I read them so quickly the first time because I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen that I wanted to reread them .. and I am glad I did. I totally recommend them!

I read all 3 in a week.

kacey