Words Cannot Explain

Words cannot explain how tired I am, but maybe if I tell you I just had to re-type the word words four times before I got it right that might give you a clue.

We had Back to School Night tonight (ugh on a MONDAY) and so...

I. Am. Completely. Exhausted.

I got to work at 7:15 am and besides 15 minutes of siting at lunch and a 15 minute hurried trip to Whole Foods for some dinner, which I took back and wolfed down in my classroom, I was busy and working until 7:40 pm.

Hello 12-hour workday....

This is the first time in my entire teaching career that I have had to do an actual presentation for back to school night. I really liked getting to share a lot of information with parents, but it was SO hot in my room and I want nothing more than to crawl in bed right now.

I have more to share about what is going on in the classroom, but maybe tomorrow?

5 comments:

Little Lilly Polka Dot Bedtime Blog said...

Hi! Thanks so much for the great blog!! I wanted to let you know that TEACHERSFIRST.com recommended that my fun interactive website be used in the K-1 classroom. I do hope you get a chance to try it out!!www.littlelillypolkadot.com

THANKS!

Wendy

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Wow, I can't believe how early you have Back to School night, talk about exhausting. I'm beyond exhausted right now just from having all the kids, forget about back to school night. Ours is actually a little later this year in early October, and when we asked why the principal said it was either that or a Monday night, I'M SO happy she didn't gow ith the Monday night. Hopefully you will jet out of school immediately today and take a nap!

PS. What did you used to do at Back to School night if not a presentation? I've never done anything else :)

According to Ashley said...

We literally JUST had "Meet the Teacher" and this Thursday night is Open House. It happens like that every year and we always say, "Didn't we JUST see all of the parents?" Sigh. It was crazy hot at Meet the Teacher because the A/C turns off immediately when the students are dismissed and I guess they forgot about us and didn't turn it on again for the evening. :(

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow that is a crazy long day! I'm sorry I hope you get the rest you need!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

I understand the exhaustion! I've totally been there... and about the presentation for BTSN, I've done it every year I taught. I quite like it, because it assures they were told the information and it opens of a time for questions. Those aren't so fun, but sometimes helpful.

Hope you get your mojo back soon. ;)