still here...

I'm alive, I promise.

I haven't posted in over a week because I have been busy trying to get my classroom ready and wrapping my mind around the fact that I have students joining me in said classroom on TUESDAY.

In the past, we have had the Tuesday after Labor Day as a final prep day and the first day of school has been on Wednesday. This year, our schedule changed and we no longer have that one last day of scrambling on Tuesday. So, I did a lot of scrambling yesterday.

Finally printing my labels for folders, attendance chart, tables etc. only to see that a new student had been added. And that was after I had already reprinted several labels to account for the nicknames that I learned about when families came for our supply drop off.

Trying to get the room ready while silently cursing myself for not having anything written in my plan book for the first week.


Worrying about making sure I have the correct info for how kiddos are going to get home from school so I don't put anyone on the wrong bus or keep anyone waiting at school if they should be taking a bus.

I'm exhausted.

Not to mention we moved again today to our second temporary housing location and toured around Portland with our relocation agent trying to pick out the apartment we will move into next.

I will try to post again this weekend with some pics of my classroom and some teachery stuff but I have to get back to unpacking the numerous bags we have so our new place can feel more like a home than a hotel.

Happy Labor Day weekend! It's supposed to be 90 degrees here all weekend, so I am hoping to enjoy some sun, to sleep late, and to calm myself before the big day on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Oh boy, moving and setting up the classroom/getting ready for the first day of school? oh boy! The good news is, in K everything takes like 12 hours to do the first week so you won't need too many plans :) I start Tuesday, visitation on Wed and then kids come Thursday... I'm not ready yet haha

Sarah said...

Oh man... you have your hands full!! Deep breaths and try to get some sleep - Tuesday will be great :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy Labor day! I'm sorry you are stressed I'm sure your classroom will turn out wonderful and good luck getting settled.