A few days ago I shared that I want to incorporate some learning about different countries/cultures with our letter practice this school year. We focus on one letter per week in Kindergarten, so I thought it would be fun to choose one country that begins with each letter of the alphabet so that we can be a bit more global in our classroom and learn about different places and people. I have the kids do morning work at their tables when they first arrive, so I found flags for each country we will talk about for them to color during morning work. The cool thing about coloring flags is that it will be an exercise in really focusing on the model and coloring the flags accordingly.
I changed my original country list because I couldn't find some flags. There are a few letter duplicates because I haven't made up my mind which country I want to use and Luxembourg is for x because I didn't come across any countries that start with x, so I settled for one that had an x in the name!
I saved all of the flags in a folder on my computer, but I also uploaded them to scribd in case anyone else wants to borrow. I put them into a collection so my hope is that you would be able to just print once and get them all...fingers crossed! Please feel free to use this as you like, but if you like it please let me know what your plans are! (just curious and I love ideas!)
I caved and started watching this season of The Bachelorette today since there is nothing else on TV and I had the first 5 episodes on Tivo. I am not sure how I feel about it so far. I already know about the Bentley drama and I just kind of feel like it's super cheesy. I have gotten really into in past seasons, but I am watching her beg Bentley stay when she knew from the beginning that he was there for the wrong reasons....smoothe move.
Are you watching? Who are you rooting for? Catch me up!

2 comments:
That's a really cute idea! Our reception class (equivalent to kindergarten?) are doing 'pirates' as a theme at the moment which is really drawing the boys in! I love how much creativity you can generate with younger kids!
What an awesome way to incorporate social studies a little bit, too!! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment