Love its

Yesterday I ditched the writing activity I had planned in order to have the kids observe this Bald Eagle who was supposedly sitting on eggs that were about to hatch. I am still slightly suspicious that the interest in these "just about to hatch" eggs was an April Fool's joke, but I am so glad my friend Britta told me about the site because my kiddos LOVED watching the eagles. During writing they observed the video, which I projected onto the big whiteboard, drew a picture, and wrote about what they saw.

Free video streaming by Ustream

I loved the feeling of forgetting about what was planned in order to go with something immediate and interesting to the kids. I kept the video up all day and we continued to check in with the eagle as we went about our business. It was really cool. At one point we saw the eagle pair switch places so the one who had been sitting on the eggs could take a break. We weren't sure which was the male and which was the female, but we did get to see the eggs when they traded spots. Love it!

I have class this weekend, but the Friday session gets out at 7:30 instead of 9 (like my other weekend class). Both my new teachers are awesome so far and I am really liking this class that focuses a lot on journal writing and reflective writing. Love it!

After class last night I had to go buy a journal and I found monogrammed sticky notes at Staples on sale for 1.99. Need I say more? Love it!

Before class yesterday I arrive on campus early, so I got an iced latte and sat out in the sun (yes, we finally got some sun in PDX) and I read my book club book on my ipad. Love it!

I am headed to class again today from 9-4, but luckily we have an awesome farmer's market on campus so I can visit during our lunch break. Love it!

Tomorrow is the half marathon! Wish me luck :0)

4 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Good luck with the half marathon! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Mrs. Bee said...

you'll be awesome! love YOU!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I hope your run went well!

Shannon said...

We are addicted to watching that eagle! We are hatching chicks in our room, so the kids love to see that the actual Mom lays on her eggs!

Shannon
kinder-pond.blogspot.com