I headed to the library once I was done at school and got several (ok, lots) of books for next week. We are going to be focusing on the letter v and having a vegetable party on Friday. I thought it would be fun to read Stone Soup, so I got that and a bunch of other books related to gardening and vegetables. I am still trying to think of a fun writing idea that the kiddos can do that has to do with comparing the different versions of Stone Soup. I have been meaning to post the über cute writing they did with the Mo Willems books, but I lost my flash drive, so I can't scan them. Soon, I promise!
After heading to two different local libraries in order to secure all of the books I wanted, I went in to Michael's because this girl loves some arts and crafts! I heart their $1 bins and I always come away with really cute stuff, especially different paper products that I truly don't need with either a K or a T on them. I have an obsession with monogrammed items.... Today I found the most adorable little stamp sets in the dollar bin. They are complete alphabet sets in lower case and upper case.
1 dollar each.
Deal!
I love them so much I am tempted to stamp out a little letter to someone, so I can only imagine how much fun some of my kiddos will have "writing" with them. Each letter stamp is really tiny, but I recall loving things that were small when I was little. I had many very small books that I absolutely adored, so I think these will be a big hit, especially among some of my girlies. I need to get some new ink though, because the ink pads that I got in the dollar bins at Michaels in the past turned out to be not so kid friendly. Many a kid has gone home after stamping with very colorful hands.....oops! I should have been wary given that the word 'tampon' was on that brand (must mean something have to do with ink in French), but needless to say, they were not quite washable.
I am off to class in a little bit, so I need to snack up, clean up, and then hit up the adidas store for my cute husband who has requested some new kicks. Have I mentioned that I reunite with my cute sweetie in just about 66 days?! The countdown is on!
Happy Weekend! Think of me sitting in class as you are out doing fun things and hopefully relaxing:0)

2 comments:
I love writing too- kid writing is the BEST. I have to show you the awesome sea creature posters my kids did. They LOVE nonfiction writing- and I loved teaching it because they were SO happy about it.
Sorry you have class this weekend- I hope it's a good one!
Kid writing is so fun to read! And I can't believe you scored those stamps for just a dollar! The kids are going to love them (and you!) :)
Post a Comment