The kids that came enjoyed finding their seats, cubbies and mailboxes. I got to practice a little bit of Spanish and got a little taste of how some kids have no concept of what it means to be in school. A couple of the kids that came headed right for the little kitchen area and started playing so I made sure to empty it out until I actually introduce the materials and open it up for free choice time. I'm so mean!
Jill came and helped me again and I am so happy to have her help! I know I have said it before, but she rocks!
I am sure tomorrow will be a total flurry of chaos, excitement, and energy. Hopefully, no tears! I have my plans all set, but I am sure I will still wake up really early so I can have some time in the room before the kids start arriving. We are letting kids in whenever they arrive instead of holding them in the cafeteria until 8:10, so I am fairly certain that there will be some early birds who are excited to get their Kindergarten on!
Anyone else starting tomorrow? I feel like our first day is the latest!

4 comments:
Good luck!! Sounds like you are all set. Have a great first day! We have been back for 3 weeks and it feels so much better than it did the first day :)
Wishing you the best of luck on your first day!! Like Julianne this is our third week of school too!! Hope you have no criers!! The first day is always exciting but it's extra special and EMOTIONAL for kindergartners!!
I am still a little shocked about the no doors thing! Is that a norm in your area? Anyways!!
GOOD LUCK!!
We don't have doors either.
Good luck tomorrow! :)
Best of luck tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment