Is it possible that my kiddos have gotten me sick already?! I have had two students out this week and then one went home sick yesterday after complaining of a stomach ache. Guess what I woke up with? I was exhausted after work yesterday and fell asleep during my viewing of Project Runway. I ended the night around 9 after watching the season finale of Top Chef in bed with my doggie (my roomie's pooch who I affectionately call my own!). I slept a good 10+ hours but still woke up feeling not so great.
I had plans to meet up with some friends to walk, but since the Oregon rain has started, we decided to have lunch together instead. I was supposed to go to a birthday party this afternoon, but I canceled because I really cannot afford to get sick right now! I am already going to be out two afternoons this week for a training I am doing, so I would prefer to be there the rest of the time. It's amazing how quickly things spread around once we are back in the classroom!
Here's hoping that a good night's sleep with get rid of whatever I might be coming down with!

6 comments:
The stomach bug hit my class this week and I had 5 out one day. I guess their little bodies can't handle it when all those germs get together in one place.
Yes, I hear you right now. I was up coughing last night and I said to Eric today that all school year I feel like I'm sick or fighting sickness. It annoys me so much! Hope you feel better quick!
We've had a lot of coughing in my first grade classroom. The second week of school I caught a cold. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see my step-daughter's newborn daughter. Thank goodness the cold only lasted a few days and I was able to hold our precious bundle.
I had the sniffles and a runny nose (thankfully clear) all this week. I even said to my class, very affectionally, that they were making my sick, literally. Since they're 5th graders, they got the joke and weren't offended. :)
Have you tried Airborne? I've heard it works wonders to stem off those sickie germs.
Gotta build immunity to those new-school germs! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon :)
Seems like the sickies are wasting no time this year! I hope you're feeling better after the weekend!
Post a Comment