Ok, I didn't exactly lie, but I attempted to convince myself that I could leave them behind and publicly announced it so that I would be firmly invested in the decision.
Well, after receiving the year long plan from my teaching team and seeing some of the topics we will cover, I went down to my storage area and had another look at my books. I have SO many that I just love. Yes, some of them are most certainly at any library, yet others would be more difficult to find. The themed collections of non-fiction books I have on various topics, the chronologically organized holiday books (that every teacher will be trying to borrow from the library at the same time as me), the whole series of Froggy books I got at the end of last year....it's too hard to part!
Since I was down in storage to get a suitcase anyway (Did I mention I am going to Prague this weekend to celebrate my friend's bday!?) I decided to just bring some of the books upstairs into my apartment for further review. I ended up filling the entire suitcase....
they totally want to come to OR with me!
don't judge.
If you are a teacher, you know exactly how I feel about all of the gems I have slowly collected since i began teaching. I decided that maybe it's a good idea to fill my carry on bag entirely with books. If I have to suffer with fewer clothes, I am okay with that because I can always shop once I am there....any excuse to shop is fine by me!
***
And because it's Jill's birthday, we made the most amazingly delicious chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cream frosting last night.
Heaven
in
every
bite
We used a Barefoot Contessa recipe from one of her cookbooks, but I also found it online, so I will just link to it instead of typing it up because I know you are all going to want to drop everything and bake these right now!
I probably won't post this weekend since I am off to Prague.
Have a great weekend!




5 comments:
I 110% know what you mean about your books! Its so incredible when you know you have a book that is just right for what you're teaching. I can't imagine nothing having something like that at the ready in my own classroom!
Have a great weekend. Those cupcakes look yummy!
I definitely think you should bring them. I wish I had a better collection of books but ah they are so expensive. I am good at using the library but I definitely find that people want to use the same books all at the same time, even the non-holiday ones if you and your grade level teams are doing similar topics at the same time.
So jealous...of your trip to Prague and those yummy cupcakes! have a great trip and you are right to bring books over clothes!
books = a must.
shopping for new clothes = a must.
As a teacher, I can relate. Hope you had fun in Prague!!
(Visiting from Frau's place, BTW)
Post a Comment