Sushi by Sneaker Teacher


One of my co-workers, who is from Japan, taught me how to make homemade sushi the other day at lunch time. I decided to make a sushi feast for dinner to surprise my husband since he returned from a business trip tonight. It's actually not that hard, but boy did it taste good!





7 comments:

Lindsay Rudolph said...

Happy SITS Sharefest! That is so cool that you are teaching in another country. What a great experience! I am a teacher too; elementary PE in Loudoun County VA.

Take care!

Sherrie said...

That looks delish!

Mr. Halpern said...

Holy fancy pants! I love how you said its 'not that hard' - some of us find boiling water and making toast hard. :)

Looks AWESOME though - I'm sure your husband enjoyed it and appreciated your hard work.

Sonya said...

I just read your comment on my blog! It's so great to "meet" you aswell!! I love it when I hear from other americans living here. Im in the netherlands wich isnt far from germany and we've been here almost 3 years now. I miss Oregon alot but living in europe is also pretty cool..lol

Matty said...

I can't say that I've ever had sushi. Based on what I know about the ingredients, I'm not so sure I'd like it. But, you have to try it to know.

I saw your comment on Cooking with Sonya on Sundays in My City. My oldest daughter was an elementary school teacher. She loved it, but over the years the parents and the administration wore her down. She's eventually stopped teaching.

Nice to meet you.

Matty

Kelly said...

Wow, that is so very cool that you got to learn how to make sushi from someone who is from Japan! I'm sure you are homesick at times but you are having a very cool experience over there huh?
I need to learn how to make sushi at some point!

Katie said...

I'm not a seafood fan - at all, but that looks good!! Way to go!

...visiting from SITS! (I think we joined on the same day! ...I read your SITS post!) And we're both named Katie! :)