Summer Reading

With summer vacation just around the corner, I am gearing up for some summer reading. My first month of summer is going to be consumed with prepping for, and teaching, two courses at PSU. They're both week-long, all-day courses, so the prep work is crazy in order to have activities and instruction to fill all that time. 

Once those courses are over, I will be set to full on start prepping for my new role as an ELL teacher. 

I just purchased two new books that I am excited to read. 



Stay tuned for some mid-summer book reviews! 

What's on your summer reading list? 

4 comments:

Raye said...

Word Nerds is great!!!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Ooo, I'd like to read that first book.

I'm pretty sure next year I'm going to be K teacher/ELL teacher. Not officially of course, but due to new state regulations I don't think K kids are going to get serviced at all (because technically K is not required so to meet the needs of the older kids K will get dropped). I typically have a few kids who know not a word so I'm going to need some new ideas to teach them some of the basics in the classroom. One idea someone gave me was to have "color" days like "red" day- everyone wears red, and we do some easy red activities (ie. like do the normal writing lesson but use red markers etc). Send me any more ideas you come across! I want to make sure that I teach some of the tier 1 easy vocab that I normally would just assume they are getting in ELL class I guess!

Sneaker Teacher said...

Kelly, Hopefully I will be better about blogging about what I do...or at least when I am in the planning stages. I feel like I have solid ideas for Kindergarten, but it will be interesting to now be teaching 1st-5th! (the BIG kids)

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

The second book seems very interesting. I'd love to read your thoughts about it.