I FINALLY got to stand in the middle of my new room and look around today.
(Thank you field day for emptying the entire school at 11:30 so I could sneak in and take pics!)
There's some good news...
I actually have some tall storage cabinets.
But, I can already see that once I bring in my big rug, I am going to be really short on space for tables. I plan to center the rug along the wall with the whiteboard where these tables currently are.
As you can see from this next photo, there isn't a whole lot of space on the other side of the tables.
At least there's a nature view to the left...
At least since the whiteboard is small, there is wall space on both sides that I could post visuals on.
I cannot wait to get in here and move furniture around.
I think I will forego my teacher desk and just use whatever type of table I bring in for my older students. I also might forego the big set of drawers that is on wheels as I don't have too much stuff stored in my current one.
Also, my teammate had a genius idea and suggested I look into getting a clothesline to hang from wall to wall in front of that partition so that I can at least clip students' work, visuals, or posters to the line. Hopefully the custodian will be on board with that!
I am so excited to get started on making this new space my own!







1 comment:
I love the big windows for natural light. I call my room "the basement" because my windows are level with the ground, and the ground slopes up from there, so when winter comes and there is a lot of snow, we don't get much light at all. I know your windows take away from wall space though. I'm sure you'll have it functional and looking great in no time!
Amanda
A Very Curious Class
Post a Comment