Something Old or Something New?

Last summer I ordered my very first Erin Condren teacher planner. After using it for an entire year, I am debating whether or not to get another one. I really liked it, but her planners are quite spendy with a base price of $59. I'm just trying to figure out if I can justify the expense again (last year I used some of my graduation money for the big purchase). 

I've heard a lot of teachers mention planbook.com, which is only $12 per year, so I am considering that as a much less expensive alternative. I love the idea of being able to easily link content standards to my plans. That seems like a great way to be really organized and stay focused on the CCSS that are applicable for each lesson. 


Personally, I like to have a hardcopy calendar as opposed to a digital calendar and I use my teacher planner for both school and my own personal calendar so that is a vote for another Erin Condren. I also liked how I could bring my EC planner to meetings and keep important notes in one single place. I am notorious for bringing a random piece of paper for meetings and then promptly losing it along with any important info that I wrote down. I wasn't 100% happy with the amount of space I had to write my plans in my EC planner, but given that I only teach half day, it was pretty doable. I also really liked having checklist sheets in the EC planner because I kept track of HW and report card grades on those pages. The biggest bonus of the EC planner was that it kept me organized and I had everything in one place. 



I think I am leaning towards buying another EC planner (my two favorite designs are above), but I am still intrigued by planbook.com. I do so many things digitally that I feel like I should give it a try.

What kind of planner do you use? 
Have you tried planbook.com? If so, what are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Becca Morris said...

I have been using Planbook.com for 2 years now and I LOVE it! It is so easy to customize, but I love being able to attach documents. It really helps keep me organized. It is worth the $12!
✰Becca
Simply 2nd Resources

Raye said...

I jumped on the Erin Condren bandwagon last summer too...love the planner for all of its awesome organization in one place....BUT I hated the planning pages. Not enough room for me. I used those pages until about December and then I couldn't take it anymore. (I ended up ARCing my planner -- I cut out the spiral, punched the pages with my ARC punch from Staples and then added my own planning sheets weekly.)

I haven't tried planbook as I was using planbookEDU for the past few years (I was blogging for them too). I'm not sure what I'm going to do for next year. I'm with you -- I love the organizational piece of the EC planner but I know the planning pages aren't enough for me so it's tough to decide. Plus it is pretty dang spendy.