I just want to share that I am so inspired by the interviews that I am doing for my dissertation study. I am hearing teachers talk about how they connect with families and how they modify their instruction to better meet the needs of, and connect to, culturally and linguistically diverse students. I am hearing some great ideas and it makes me really eager to meet my new group of kiddos in a few short weeks and to begin the process of getting to know them and their families.
I am also excited about two new books I am going to attempt to read before school starts...
and
The first one is a new publication from the International Reading Association and I was able to get a free copy for reviewing it here on my blog. Stay tuned for that (hopefully soon). I read just a few pages the other day while I was eating lunch and it's about critical literacy and encouraging critical thinking in children in grades K-6. I feel like "critical thinking" is a huge buzzword/phrase in the common core state standards and I am definitely very interested to learn some strategies for making it part of my Kindergarten classroom.
The second book has been talked about on lots of blogs this summer as it was the subject of a book study among many bloggers. I am really excited to read it and find some good ideas that are applicable for our iPad grant this year. I'm not sure if there even is a Kindle version, but I got a hard copy so I can share it with my grant team members like Mrs. Bee!
Little Miss Baby Sneaker is still napping so I think I am going to head down to the kitchen table with my Diet Coke and do some reading until she wakes up.
What have you read this summer?
Any good professional development books that you would recommend?

_edited-2.jpeg)

3 comments:
I can't wait to read your review and get a copy of this book. I have Teaching in the Digital Age as one of my must reads this summer. Unfortunately, I did not follow the book study. :(
Hope you are enjoying the last days of summer.
I am also going to read Teaching in the Digital Age before the summer ends- I got a hard copy too, I can't read teaching books on my kindle yet (even though that is almost what I use exclusively to read now). I like to be able to post it note things and go back to it easily.
I just ordered both books from Amazon! Thanks for the suggestion. I am always looking for inspiring books to read on education. I look forward to hearing what you think of both books.
Post a Comment