Q & A


In an effort to keep up my blogging everyday streak that I have had going for about three consecutive days now, I am joining in on Getting To Know You Sunday just like Jen!
1. what's your favorite rainy day activity?
Since it rains all the time in Portland, I don't really alter my plans due to rain, but I do like to curl up with a good book or stay in and watch a movie as a special treat sometimes. And, after getting caught in the rain during a few runs while training for the half marathon, I will admit that running in the rain is pretty fun too!

2. what time do you go to bed?
I try to go to bed by 10, but usually it's more like 11. I am pretty productive at night sometimes, but that has resulted in frequent stops at Starby's in the am for some latte love!

3. how many magazines do you subscribe to?
I've got People, Time, Food and Wine, and Portland Monthly on my ipad which I can download automatically...love it! I also subscribe to a few professional journals...The Reading Teacher, Young Children, Journal of Staff Development, and Instructor Magazine. I would have to say my favorite of all is US Weekly, but I only read that in the grocery line.

4. did you sell all your belongings because you thought the world was ending yesterday?
We did have a garage sale yesterday, but it's an annual event at the condo complex where I am living and not at all related to Judgment Day.

5. what's your beauty obsession?
My flatiron. Can't live without it!

6. if you could only wear one designer/brand for the rest of your life...what would it be?
Does adidas count as a designer brand?

7. what's your summer must have?
Pedicures and sun dresses.

8. do you make weekly dinner menus?
No. As a matter of fact I have done a horrible job of cooking this year due to being so busy with classes. I am out and about several nights a week and I feel like I bring a whole bag of groceries to work in the morning in order to cover lunch, snack, and dinner without going home. I rarely cook and prefer meals that are easy to grab and go. I am looking forward to cooking for hubs when I get back to Germany!

P.S.

  • I went for a nice 6 mile run this morning with some friends and now I am gearing up to get some homework done.
  • I am obsessed with playing Words with Friends and am currently beating Mr. Sneaker! He beat me on our first game and I am determined to whoop him now! Any tips for scoring big would be greatly appreciated! If you know of any interesting words let me know!
  • I got a mani/pedi yesterday and tried out this new type of polish that is supposed to last 24 days. Well, one day later it is already peeling off! I was told that I have to make an appt. to have them professionally remove it, yet it seems to have no trouble coming off all by itself. I am going back tomorrow and asking them to remove it because I am just not loving it. 

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am glad you joined in! I just started the Getting to know you sunday questions recently myself!!

Running the rain does sound like fun!! I too LOVE words with friends!! I say try to use J, Z or Qs on Triple letters and if you can do that on a triple word square you can rack up major points!! I've done that a few times and gotten 99 points!!

Sarah said...

What a fun post! I could have guessed number 6 for you and I'm in total agreement about number 7!! :)

Ms. J said...

Cute post!!

smilescrayonsandendlessstories.blogspot.com