Sunday Solace

Whew. Class Wednesday, class Thursday, class Friday, and class Saturday. Thank goodness I get a day of rest!

I did my practice presentation in class on Friday night and I thought it went pretty well. It was almost twice the time limit, so I definitely need to cut it down, but it was really helpful to run through the entire Power Point and get a chance to practice what I will say for each slide. Now I have more than a month to work on it until I do my actual defense on June 16th. I need to submit the final draft of my paper on June 2nd, so I still have a good amount of time to work with that as well. I had a hard time judging if my presentation was going well as I was doing it, but I got good feedback from the other people in my class. My advisers seemed pretty positive as well, but they can't really say that much since they are going to be evaluating it during the actual defense.

I haven't done any work since I got home yesterday afternoon because I needed a well deserved break, but I did start organizing my stuff and preparing some winter clothes and other stuff to put in storage. I have just about five weeks left in OR before I go back to Germany for the summer, so I am trying to stay organized so that life doesn't get more stressful as the end of the school year gets closer. My entire car is full of stuff to bring to my classroom and to storage. I am going to put my books in my classroom for the summer since there is ample storage room and I know it will stay dry. The storage unit has not had any issues, but there is always the risk of water damage and I just can't have anything happening to my books! It's always hard to decide what stays and what goes, but I am really trying to go with the less is more mentality since I still have some stuff back in Germany that I left behind in August.

In other news, I got a surprise from my very sweet hubs on Friday....

an iPhone! I feel like a walking advertisement for apple! But hey, when you live in a different country than your husband, it's good to have easy access to staying in touch! I am obsessed with Words with Friends and had a fun time playing a virtual game with Mr. Sneaker! :0)

Later on today, I am going to meet up with some friends from my cohort to get some work done (work never ends!) and I have to grocery shop, do laundry and all that fun stuff. I tried to sleep in, but for some reason my body just doesn't let me do that anymore. By 7:30 I am awake and ready for the day.

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I'm completely with you- I cannot sleep in anymore!

Oh and I also want an iphone even though my husband lives with me haha, so at least you have an excuse!

Sarah said...

You've been busy! I can only seem to sleep in during the summer...

And an iPhone?! You're one lucky girl!!