Swoon

I just had the best day with my kiddos--both classes. I don't know what it was, but I was just seriously in love with them today.

It started with our journal writing. They were writing in response to the question, "Who do you love and why." I just adored what I saw.

I love my mom because she makes me macaroni and cheese (all spelled correctly)
I love my dad because he takes me to Chuck E. Cheese
I love my mom because she helps me make Valentines (with the cutest little picture of two stick people sitting at a table making cards)
I love my teacher because she teaches me good stuff
I love my brother because he gives me hugs.

Too cute.

Then I listened to my teeniest most adorable Dianita read her first take home Bob book to me and she did awesome. We shared a big hug and such a sweet moment. I heart her and her smile was so big and she is so tiny that it was just precious!

The kiddos were SO pumped to celebrate Fun Friday with choice time and the kids who kept their three sticks all week and got "Yay I made good choices all week" certificates were just on cloud nine.

At the end of the day I realized I needed to give Anna the star of the week backpack. Anna doesn't say much, but she is the one who just asked me to go to the bathroom in English for the first time a few weeks ago and usually says everything in Spanish. When I told her she was going to be star of the week I literally jumped up and down. And, so did she. It was awesome.

I thought that if the morning went so well that the afternoon wouldn't because that's just how my classes role, but the afternoon was great too! Love it! Love it! Love it!

They earned their 30th gumball (class incentive) and so they got to have an outside recess for their Friday Fun activity. Plus, they had PE in the big gym today so it was just a rockin' day for them. I really enjoyed spending time with kiddos in both groups during writing today. For some reason, it just felt productive and not crazy/hectic/rushed like it usually does. I just love reading what they write and I really need to post some of their work because it is great.

I really heart Kindergarten right now.

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Yay! I love when things all go well :) Sounds like some of these incentives are really working, yay!

Miss Elizabeth said...

I love the reasons they gave for loving you and their family members! So cute and funny!