Where did it go?

The weekend, that is.

But sadly, I know where it went. It speedily went by as I sat doing homework hour after hour.

Fortunately I got to enjoy dinner with friends on Friday night, Legally Blonde the musical yesterday with Jill, and a solid 8 miler this morning with my running group. Other than those few fun interludes, I spent the rest of the weekend reading and trying to get my work done. I am glad I got so much done in my classroom on Friday, yet I still feel like Monday morning is coming way too soon and I didn't get to look over my math plans like I intended to.

There is just not enough time in the day! Is it too early to start counting down the days until Spring break?

I feel like I have a good handle on my workload and I am resigned to the fact that the majority of my weekends are spent doing work, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I can honestly say this term has been the most difficult and stressful of my life and it's only halfway done! Yikes! I think a new day needs to be invented and added to the week between Saturday and Sunday. Anyone with me?

This weekend I had to conduct a 45 minute long interview and then transcribe the entire thing which took hours. HOURS! Then I had to finish the second half of my book on case study research in order to write an annotated bibliography about it. I threw in part I of Catching Fire for my book club and tried to finish the summary of my weekly reading for my Organizational Theory class, but gave up in order to take another look at my grades in order to finalize them before tomorrow. I intended to thoroughly look them over just in case I made any mistakes or had second thoughts on certain grades, but after looking over just a few, I decided that on Friday I put in a lot of work and surely they are good enough to submit. It's after 11 and my bed is calling, so in the grand scheme of life, the choice between needs more time (o), satisfactory progress (v) and consistently displays (+) on the reports is not going to make or break anything for my kiddos (and hopefully not for their parents either!)

Things that sound REALLY good right about now....
1. hugs from hubs
2. shopping
3. putting my feet up and watching movies all day
4. a snow day
5. becoming a bear and hibernating
6. going back in time and starting the weekend fresh in a reality where my homework is already done and I have free time ( I kind of forget the true meaning of free time...)
7. a pedi
8. a tropical vacation to a warm island
9. yoga
10. hugs from hubs (yes, it's on the list twice...he's awesome and really far away)

2 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

This weekend DID go by way too fast. I totally need everything on your list too (except for hugs from hubs! lol) especially a pedi!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I don't know how you do it. I've gotten so used to having a LITTLE free time (never going to have much as a teacher it seems) and I love every second of it. I'm just done with work, I mean SERIOUSLY- what did it teach you to transcribe 45 minutes?! REALLY.