Babbling Abby linked up to a Meet The Teacher linky from:

and I wanted to play along!
About Me:
Ta da! I don't post a lot of photos of myself, but here I am...
I grew up in Connecticut, went to Villanova University in PA where I met by bff and my hubs, and I currently live in Oregon. I teach Kindergarten and I am also working on my doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction so I can teach at the college level someday. I taught 1st grade for three years and worked at an international school when my husband and I lived in Germany. He is still there working and I returned to OR for the school year to continue taking classes for my degree. I am working full time right now in addition to taking 14 doctoral credits, so life is pretty busy. Did I mention I am crazy very driven? I don't like being apart from my man, but it definitely makes me realize what an amazing guy I have in my life. He's pretty cute, huh? Thank goodness for Skype!
A: I would love to be a baker!
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: reading, working out (pilates, running, yoga etc.), baking, writing, and being crafty!
Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: I remember wanting to be a doctor when I was little and then at one point I wanted to be a chef. I don't remember ever wanting to be a teacher...that desire came about in college after I taught tap and ballet to the most adorable little girlies.
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Jersey Shore, Diet Coke, frosted animal cookies, and sleeping late
Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: frogs
Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: I never used to think of myself as a huge traveler, but after living in Germany for a year, I am all about traveling around Europe. I want to go to Italy, Greece, Spain, France...etc. etc. etc. I also want to go to Hawaii, Alaksa, and Canada.
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Loyalty and honesty. I want to know that you will tell me the truth and stick by me through thick and thin.
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: Diligence. I am really hard working and I hope my (future) kids are too.
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: My mom. She lives in CT and having lunch with her would be a special treat since we don't get to do it too often.
Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I consider myself to be a smart person, yet I could get lost in a paper bag. I have no sense of direction and as a result have a tough time driving and talking to a passenger at the same time because I get distracted and can't pay attention to where I am going.
Now it’s time for YOU to join the party!!!! Here’s what you need to do: Write a post titled “Meet The Teacher”. Start with a brief “biography” and then copy & paste the Q&A {using your answers, of course!} Copy the web address of your “Meet the Teacher” post and come back here & link up! It would be GREAT if you could visit at least 3 other teachers…get to know a little bit about your fellow bloggers…and leave a comment!!!! Don't forget to grab a button when you link up!!




16 comments:
Love this post! You and your hubby are so cute! It's hard being away but sounds like you are so busy and hopefully this year is flying by! Hard work pays off and soon you will be done and back in Germany. Love the advice you received so true. The world is lucky to have a teacher like you, if only everyone had the passion. It not everyone that can mold our future leaders.
You are darling! LOVE your advice! SO true! Glad you played along! Nice to "meet" you!!
Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com
So excited to find your blog! Nice to "meet" you!!
Claire:0)
missknightskhronicles.blogspot.com
I'm always excited to find another teacher blog! Thanks for sharing!
He's a keeper for sure :)
You are like the third person who is afraid of frogs lol what's up with that?
I collect frogs, not real ones :)
Jennifer
I love that coat you're wearing in that picture! I've been reading for awhile but haven't commented, I love your blog! :)
I found you through the linky party! I also get lost all the time!! Thank goodness for GPS!!
I love that I can finally put a face to your name. You are so cute! :) I also love the frosted animal cookies! Whenever one of the kids would bring some for the class, I might have taken a few extra for myself... ;) You definitely should come to Canada! There’s always a place for you in Alberta.
Love your blog!
-Janae
I'm visiting from The First Grade Parade, hi! I would love to own a bakery or be a baker if I didn't teach. It sounds like you are super busy right now with your grad school work. Best of luck!
Awesome questions and answers :) I just did it on my teaching blog. I love the pictures of you!
How fun! I totally love frosted animal crackers too!! I'm addicted :)
I am so glad I found your blog! It is just too cute! I also love Diet Coke, and plan to travel Europe next summer..
Nice to "meet" you!
Wow- apart for a YEAR?! That's intense. I dated my husband long-distance for three years before we got married, but now were are pretty much inseparable. Kuddos to you guys! I think it would be cool to teach overseas.
I'm also one of those crazy driven people... I'm going full time at night working on my master's degree in Special Education, and then I play on working on my doctorate.
Awesome blog!
http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/
Found your link on cara's blog! Looking forward to following you! :)
Hadar
http://outfittedandinspired.blogspot.com
Glad to meet you!!!!
You are very driven to be able to live in a different country than your husband.
Your blog name is also cute!!
Have a great weekend!
I grew up part of my middle and high school years going to an International school (FIS) in Germany! You both deserve props for making the best of your time apart! Thanks for taking the time to share!
-Leslie
www.kindergartenworks.blogspot.com
Post a Comment