On Jersey Shore (yes, I watch it) they use lots of acronyms such as GTL (gym tan laundry) and DTF (let's not even go there!). Today my acronym for Valentine's Day is EHW
Effort
Hugs
Words
I so appreciate that a few of my students gave me hand made Valentines like this one...it takes a lot longer to make something like this than to write your name on a store bought card and that makes it all the more special...
I had 8 moms come to our party in the morning session to help out. Well, they actually planned the whole thing, brought all the supplies, gave me a gift card to a local spa with an additional gift card for Peet's coffee, and cleaned up the entire room before leaving. And they had all the kids join in at once to say they love me. They even cut out the hearts I needed for the afternoon party since they knew I didn't have as much parent help and they knew it would take them a lot less time to do it collectively than for me to do it alone.....EFFORT
At the end of the day as we were lined up for the buses, my adorable little Alberto said, What about hugs for everyone? Which prompted me to make my way down the line of cuties giving each one a special Valentine hug. Then several kids embraced each other. Little kid hugs are the best...HUGS
This morning I woke up to find e-cards in my inbox from both my mom and my husband. Despite the distance, I know they were both thinking of me today and that makes me smile. My husband chose the funniest card that was such a tribute to my personality and I love him for that. He can always make me smile. He addressed the card to me by name and then in parenthesis wrote (future Dr. Sneaker) because he knows how much I have been busting my buns with my crazy workload...WORDS
These are the things that are special to me...not the candy (although I do love me some chocolate!), not the flowers, not the store bought character cards, but the effort, the hugs, and the words are what made me smile the most today (and my pink feather boa) :0)

2 comments:
Aww so much cuteness. Valentine's Day with K-kids is always a lot of fun- and also a little amusing when everyone is yelling my name at once followed by "what does this name say?!" and "where does so and so sit?" haha. You guys are so smart that you have the parents plan the parties. I wish I got a spa gift card!
Nice!!! Hey can I have your kids' parents plan my next party? :)
Post a Comment