7 Facts

Sunny over at The Caffeinated Teacher tagged me in "7 Facts" over the weekend, so I wanted to make good on my tag and join in. The idea is to write 7 random facts about yourself and then tag 15 other bloggers. Let's see if I can come up with a list of 15, if not, I encourage anyone who reads this to play along!


1. I have not thrown up since I was 10. Let's keep it that way!

2. I am a crazy fear of frogs and get total heebie jeebies even thinking about them. Oddly enough, I LOVED teaching about frogs as part of my First Grade science curriculum. Thankfully, my kiddos were never the ones to bring in tadpoles because my neighboring classroom always got some and I would send the kids in to see them, but always got creeped out when I walked by the tank. ::shudder::

3. I am really bad at first impressions. When I first met Mr. Sneaker I thought he was obnoxious (he did have his hair dyed platinum at the time....) Obviously, my first impression was inaccurate because he is a wonderful person and an awesome husband.

4. I am really clumsy. I walk into walls and doors and sometimes people. I am always rushing, so that might be part of it, but it happens a lot. I personally think I have issues with perception because I feel the same way when I drive. I think cars are closer than they really are, but the eye doctor couldn't find any problems. I do have glasses for driving, but my roomie teases me and says they are just clear lenses. I tell her that it's just the power of the mind, so when I wear them, I think I can see better.

5. I have really bad reading comprehension. It has gotten better since I have been teaching reading, yet I still have a quite a hard time remembering what I read (more so with novels than material I read for class). Often when we discuss our books in book club, people talk about parts of the book and I have zero recollection of what they mention....working on it....

6. I try to be really healthy yet I have a crazy sweet tooth. CRAZY. I love chocolate and anything desserty.

7. I got published for the first time in September 2010 and I hope that is the first of many. I really want to write a book (sooner rather than later). I would love to write a children's book or a book about teaching. I'll let you know if that dream ever comes true!!

Tag, you're it!


Following the Footsteps
According to Ashley
First Grader at Last
First Grade Fun
She Wears a Red Sox Cap
All the Weigh
Laugh Until you Cry
Meghann
Ginger Snaps

Ok, that's all I got...but if you want to play along, leave me a comment and I will check it out.

3 comments:

Miss Kindergarten said...

#5 made me laugh out loud! Not that it's funny that you can't remember things, but I totally know that feeling when people are talking about something that you should know but have absolutely no recollection of...

Steph said...

Fun!! Thanks for sharing! =+)
~Stephanie
http://kindergartendressup.blogspot.com/

Formerly known as Frau said...

You are too funny I can't picture you clumsy! I'm right there with you on the sweet tooth! Easter peeps hit the store this week...I know gross but I love them! Have a wonderful day!