Wow! I absolutely loved basking in the glory of two Halloween parties that were entirely planned and executed by parents! I had two moms take charge of party planning and boy did they do it up! The first party involved decorating goody bags, pumpkin bowling, ghost toss, pin the tail on the black cat, a parade, and healthy snacks. I had 8 parent helpers, which was awesome!
The second party involved Halloween sugar cookie decorating, musical chairs with Halloween music, children getting wrapped up in toilet paper like mummies, and parading through the school.
I got to take pictures and enjoy watching the kids have tons of fun. One boy said that it was the best party ever and a few kiddos in the afternoon class said they didn't want to leave school. We also made some cute word family bats that I should post a picture of next week. I didn't take any photos, but they are still at school so I can snap a picture on Monday.
I feel like I got a lot done between yesterday afternoon and the time in classroom after school today. I am really excited for the new math games that I have ready to introduce next week as I attempt to wean my kiddos off of daily choice time in order to test the waters with some more "academic" activities during the 30 minutes when some students leave for ELD. I am also super excited for a relaxing weekend filled with not as much homework as I have been having lately. My voice is totally going away, so it will be nice to sleep in tomorrow and rest up!

4 comments:
I lost my voice earlier this week too- not good for teaching!
I want to hear more about those math games :)
Also, so jealous about the parent volunteers planning the party and the fact that you guys can have food of any kind at your parties! My school has a strict no "sharing" food rule.
Yay for parents who run the class parties!! We're only allowed 2 parties a year, and Halloween isn't one of them (which is too bad!!)
Oh, yes having the parents plan the party is ALWAYS the best!!
I got it at Bloomingdales. They were having a huge weekend sale and had that particular espresso maker for 50% off! I got it for $199, normally $399. YAY! It came with all the coffees (16) and cups, etc.
So glad you are LOVING Kindergarten. Now, tell the truth...do you want to go back to teaching 1st or 2nd grade?
Post a Comment