Monday- weight training & Windsor Pilates Buns/Thighs
Tuesday- recumbent bike (30 min) & run (20 min & build up)
Wednesday- weight training & Jackie Arms
Thursday- Run (20 minutes & build up) & Treadclimber (30-40 min)
Friday- weight training & Jackie Abs
Saturday- choice cardio (45 min)
Sunday- off
Weight training sessions include:
Machines
Inner thigh
Outer thigh
Hamstring curl
Leg press
Leg extension
Chest flies
Squats
Lunges
Free weights
Bicep curls
Tricep dips/overhead extensions
Lateral shoulder raises
Chest press
Bentover row
Abs
Plank (1 minute x 2)
Bicycles
Crunches
I have made many similar lists in the past and life always manages to get in the way of staying on perfect track, yet I still feel the need to outline and write down specifically what I want to do. I don't necessarily tend to get bored with the same workout routine done over and over, yet monotony in exercising does not create excellent results. Mixing it up and keeping your muscles on their toes makes for greater improvements. That is why I am mixing in a few workout videos each week that focus on specific areas. Of course each video indicates that it should be done 3-5 times a week for optimum results, but I need to let go of that and enjoy the fact that I will be challenging myself and my body in many different areas.
So, my challenge to myself is to give this new workout regimen a try and see what happens!

7 comments:
Wow, 6 days a week? And to think I am struggling with making myself work out three! LOL
Inspiring...but what I want to know is culturally, is fitness and working out viewed the same in Germany as it is in the USA?
Writing down goals and plans always helps you keep them. I envy you, and hope it keeps you on track.
I need to follow your example! Thanks for the inspiration.
I love your new plan. I am totally like this too, it must be a teacher thing: I have to write down and plan my workouts or it will not get done.
So you asked about the book- I am only on Chapter 3 (though the Chapters are really long- I hate that!)- so far I'd say I like it. Before I started this I was mid way through another book called Suite Francais but I had to take a break from it (I hope I go back) because it was just one depressing situation after another.I get that it's about world war II but I mean, can't we throw in maybe one nice thing? I think reading that and then switching to "Girl with the dragon tattoo" clouds my vision of it a bit. I'll let you know what I think again after a bit more reading :)
Looks like a great schedule!
Thanks for the link :)
I think your challenge sounds fantastic. Like you, it helps me to make a "lesson plan" for my workouts. I usually go into it knowing what I will work on that day, whether it's arms, legs, or abs. I also think about whether I will lift, do pilates, or yoga. It helps!
Good luck to you. And, happy new year!
Girl, you ROCK!
Pure and simple!
Post a Comment