Where to go from here...

Starting in the fall,  I will no longer be a Kindergarten teacher. I have definitely neglected this blog this past year (I feel like it's neglected while school is in session and then revived over the summer when I have more time and I am preparing for the upcoming year). 

I have contemplated just calling it quits as I am not even sure anyone is out there reading anymore since there haven't been many new posts over the course of the school year, but I feel like I have spent so much time on this blog since I first started it. I certainly don't want to just delete it...

So, I am trying to figure out what to do going forward.

If I want to continue the blog, I have to make some changes because I certainly can't advertise that readers will be reading about the wonderful world of Kindergarten if I am teaching English Language Development. At one point in time I designed the blog and created the header, but I honestly don't even know if I am capable of that anymore...

I'm feeling stuck. 

Ideally, I would post much more frequently and would share lots of great teaching ideas with amazing images and examples of lessons and student work. My blog would be a place other teachers would come to for inspiration and resources. 

I just don't know if I have all that in me particularly since I will be learning/doing a new job and teaching college courses and being a mom. I kind of feel lost among the blogging world at this point because I don't have the time or energy to post about what I teach and I don't create cool products and sell them on TPT. Sneaker Teacher has become just a not so frequently visited space on the web. 

I'm kind of sad about that, but I am just not as inspired to blog as I used to be. 

For anyone out there who actually might be reading this...what should I do?
Revamp the blog? 
Let it go?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Your new job sounds interesting! I would love to hear more from you, but I know that priorities change and life happens. So, whatever you decide, you are supported! Enjoy your weekend :)

Amanda
A Very Curious Class

Learning with Mrs. Parker said...

I have always loved your prospective and insight. I hope that you keep it up. Personally, I see my blog as an extension of my teaching. Like you, I am not a TPTer but hope that people read it because of the content. I am still reading. I look forward to reading what the next phase of your teaching journey is like.

Anonymous said...

Awwww....you seem so sad...cheer up...we'll figure it out together...k?! I'm in the same debacle and won't be teaching kinder either. I'll be teaching fourth grade...what are you moving to? It seems to me that most people are going through Facebook now to post. I don't want to use my personal FB so I have to figure out another way....maybe we can help each other and figure this FB stuff or any stuff out b/c I agree with you....blogging is kind of going by the wayside. I'm techy, but don't know much about social media so hopefully you can help me too! Feel free to email me or text me 509-679-7422 and we can get collaborating. Can't wait to see what grade you're moving to as well!

Stephanie Ann
s.ann.k1971@gmail.com
509-679-7422

Raye said...

I think you have to stay true to your desire to make your blog what you want it to be. I have never been a blogger than really blogs for others. Sure I'll add on some social posts (Currently and the like) but 99% of my blog is for me....and really only for me. It's for reflection and sharing. Of course I hope others read it but often they don't and that is fine because really it's there for me if I ever need to go back and reflect which I often do.

I didn't blog as much this year for many different reasons but in 9 days this reasons will be behind me and I can move forward however I want. It's a personal choice you have to make :)

Mrs. Armstrong said...

Dear Friend,
I have been reading your blog for some time and, in fact, subscribe on BlogLovin. Firstly, congrats on your new job. As the wife of someone who went through the grueling process of getting his PhD and now teaches at a university, I know how hard you had to work to achieve what you did! As a mom of 3, I also know how hard it is to teach, grade, prep and be the wife and mother you want to be, let alone blog.

That said, if you do decide to continue blogging, I would like to share with you the posts I have most appreciated from your blog. I have deeply appreciated your I-Pad tech posts and app reviews. I have also enjoyed reading your book recommendations both professional and personal.

I also think that, if you are interested in continuing this blog as a teacher blog, some posts about language acquisition could be very beneficial to teachers of younger children. This was a challenging course for me when I took it in college and that was so many years ago. Some refresher lessons would be most welcome!

I am sorry not to have posted sooner and thus, given you the idea that you were unread or unappreciated. Whatever you decide to do, blessings on your journey and thank you for what you have already done.
Rebecca

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I agree with others that I would love to continue to read and would be interested in the ELL world :)

I am definitely to the point where I'm just blogging for myself/the friends I have made through blogging but I don't have the time for it these days either! I still probably won't ever get rid of my blog though. Too many memories on it!