Like a Boss

I just started reading Teach Like a Champion.

Have you read it? 


I'm reading it for a teacher book club that's being run through a Facebook group. How cool is that? Prior to having my own kids, I initiated book clubs at both my former and current schools and they were so much fun. We took turns brining snacks, chose interesting books to read, and had a fun time discussing the books and getting to know one another better. As a mama to two little girlies, it's really not feasible to participate in a book club after school. Although I will miss having the in-person experience with people I actually know, I think it will be fun to try out a virtual book club. 

So far I have only read the introduction and that will be discussed on the Facebook page starting Monday. I am looking forward to participating from home via my phone, or iPad, or computer. If I am really productive, maybe I will even post my thoughts on the blog too. 

Do you think YOU teach like a champion? 

This year I just feel like I've hit a groove. I look forward to teaching and feel like things are going really well in the classroom. Not all the time, not everyday, but it's a different feeling than last year. 

2 comments:

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

I'd be curious your opinion on this book :) I am definitely in a good grove with teaching k, but every year I feel like more and more outside crap is expected and now with having my own child I just don't have time for all of it. So I'm not feeling awesome about my job right now... But it's still early in the year I guess

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Interesting! Is it a private Facebook group or open to anyone?