Meet the Teacher {Linky}

 I feel like I have been super busy and haven't been checking up on blogs as frequently in the past few weeks, but I've been seeing these Meet the Teacher posts popping up and I wanted to play along. 


My name is Katie and I have been blogging here as Sneaker Teacher since 2009. I have quite a collection of colorful kicks thanks to my husband which is where my blog name came from. I have been married to John since 2007 and we are coming up on our 7th wedding anniversary next week. We have two beautiful daughters, Grace (2.5) who I refer to as "Little Sneaker" and Sammy (3 months) who I refer to as "Baby Sneaker." John and I met in college at Villanova and we currently live in Oregon. 

I teach 1/2 day Kindergarten and we start back up the Tuesday after Labor Day. I'm glad I have a few more weeks of summer. I love being able to teach part time because I get to spend the afternoons at home with my girlies. I previously taught Head Start and First Grade. I also spent a year teaching at an International School in Germany. I have a master's in Special Education and last year I earned my doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction. Just call me Dr. Sneaker (kidding!) ;0)


 These are a few of my favorite things:

Post It Notes
Diet Coke
Starbucks lattes
My family
colorful pens/markers
Body Pillows
Dessert

If you weren't a teacher, what would you want to be?:

I would love to be a baker!

Three Little Words that Describe You:

Loyal. Ambitious. Introverted.

Finish the sentence: "____________," said no teacher ever.

"I love it when a student suddenly vomits on the carpet during a lesson," said no teacher ever.

Q: It's your birthday and you can invite anyone {dead or alive} to the party, who are you inviting?

My best friend, Cristina

Q: If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?

Hmmm... that's a tough one. I'll get back to you!

Q: You get to pick one superpower, what is it?

I love this question. I would definitely want to have the power to teleport. Traveling anywhere in the world in mere seconds...yes please!

Q: What's your favorite quote or saying?

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Q: If you had one song to sing on American Idol, what would it be?

I wish I had the pipes to belt out Let it Go. SO overplayed, but my daughter loves it, so I do too 

Q: Are you a morning person or a night owl?

 I don't particularly enjoy getting up early, but I am naturally much more of a morning person than a night owl. I expire at 10 pm. 

Q: Share something we might not know about you.

I am SUPER shy about my blog. For a long time I never wanted anyone that I know in real life to know about my blog and I am just now getting the confidence to put it out there with my true identity. 


Join in the fun and link up!

6 comments:

Recipe for Teaching said...

I would also want to be I baker if I was not a teacher!! And Let it Go is a great song choice!

recipeforteaching

Amanda said...

So nice to "meet" you! I've been following for a couple years, but nice to learn more about you :). Enjoy your last few weeks of summer; we go back officially on Monday.

Amanda
A Very Curious Class

Unknown said...

I've noticed along this linky that there's a baking trend among teachers...it's like we need to mold SOMETHING if it isn't young minds...it's dough! I love that you're "Dr. Sneaker"! Congrats on the PhD!

-Erin
superin2nd

Mrs. Bee said...

❤️ You, dr sneaker!!!

Miss Kindergarten said...

Oh my goodness, so fun to get to know you!!! Totally understanding the whole being shy about the blog, I think it's part of our introverted-ness. But I am so happy you shared! Your said no teacher ever made me laugh out loud!!! Bahaha!!!

Raye said...

Well I found one thing we don't have in common LOL

I would NOT be a baker. I hate to cook. I'm the odd ball in my family. They all love to cook but I hate it!