Posts on two consecutive days...this is getting a bit crazy.
I just have to write a quick note about technology. I should be blogging about all the amazingness that is 1:1 iPads in Kindergarten, but I just don't have the energy or stamina to keep that up. I know there are other bloggers out there doing just that, so I'm gonna stick to something much more simple.
email
I have an email address for almost every child in my class and that made scheduling my spring conferences a whole lot easier.
I emailed my parent email list with a list of conference times and asked them to reply with their top two choices. We do student led conferences so I usually have 3-4 kids scheduled for each 30 minute time block. Within a few hours I have almost half of my class scheduled. I know I will need to make calls to a few parents (probably 3) but three calls sounds much less time consuming than 21.
I know that not all of the parents will get back to me, but I indicated in my email that I would just schedule the ones who didn't respond, so it is what it is.
It feels really nice to save time and be efficient.
And that is all I have to say for now. :0)

2 comments:
I use e-mail 98% of the time for parent communication. I only call for really big things and I've had to call probably 10 times total. I hate the phone and at my school we only have 2 for teachers, one is next to a copy machine and the other in a closet, so it's not ideal. Since almost all my parents work, they have e-mail at work so they usually get back to me quickly if necessary. I send out a newsletter once a week on e-mail, most reminders go through e-mail and I definitely schedule conferences that way :)
Balancing will do you good.
www.proleveltrading.com
Post a Comment