Well well well...haven't I been just a completely neglectful blogger recently. I don't think I have posted since the first or second week of school! yikes!
So here are some updates:
My class....is very very very very chatty. The first few weeks were great, but as they have gotten to know each other better and become friends with each other they have started talking up a storm which makes for a very frustrated teacher. I have made a conscious effort to make sure I am providing them times to talk within lessons but it just feels like they don't ever stop! I feel so thankful that I only have one class this year because I honestly don't think I could handle two! I am not sure if it's the fact that our numbers are higher this year or just the mix of kids I have but I feel like I must say "my turn to talk" about five hundred times a day!!!
My baby girl...SIX months old and just so darn cute! I love spending my afternoons with her and seeing her change and develop a personality. She is now rolling all over the place and trying to figure out how to crawl. She doesn't quite get how to do it but I just know it's going to happen any day now. She started eating solids and just loved food. She eyes everything I eat and wants in. She sits in her little highchair and when she gets food she is just over the moon. She has liked everything I've given her except avocado. Go figure...that's one of my favorites! I think she started cutting her first tooth today too!
My dissertation...is coming along slowly but surely. I partnered up with someone from my class so we can share our weekly goals with one another and keep each other on track. I have two afternoons a week when Baby Sneaker is at daycare until 3:00 so I can get some work done. I am currently finishing up my third round of interviews and transcribing so that I can start my data analysis phase. The work is so fascinating, but it's a lot on top of teaching, being a mama, and taking care of the house. I am hoping that the end is in sight, but I have no idea how long data analysis will take.
I hope to continue keeping this blog alive but I just don't have it in me to post frequently about all the stuff going on in my classroom. I will do my best though!

1 comment:
Family is always first lady!
Personally I wonder how mom bloggers have the time some of them seem to have: full-time teaching, making millions of products for TpT or TN and still finding time to be with their own family?? Seems impossible to me.
Post a Comment