Wow, so much love on that last post about common core state standards! I loved all the comments...kind of forgot what it's like to get so many responses to a post! I guess Sneaker Teacher has been lacking in the "teacher" department and overflowing a bit more on the "soon to be mama" department recently. For this reason, I have revived my family blog as my place to talk about all things baby so this blog can continue to be a place for teacher talk! But don't worry, I will of course share the news when Baby Sneaker arrives, but as of now we are still waiting....
So, this is what I am wondering today...
Imagine you live in a world where every single one of your students had an iPad to use during the school day.
What would you do with them? How would you use them?
Do you know of any good apps for Kindergarten kiddos?


5 comments:
Hahaha... that day is never, EVER going to come for me. My district is annoying about technology and to make it worse, kindergarten is always the last to get any kind of technology. But anyway, in the off chance I get maybe one ipad for my kiddos, I would refer to this post: http://heidisongs.blogspot.com/2012/03/great-ipad-apps-for-pre-k-and.html
Very useful :)
Anyway, I love your life posts, as you know I still comment on them. Can you send me the link to the baby blog again- I have to remember to check that too.
Sorry couldn't help with kindergarten apps but my daughter starts college in the fall and they receive a ipad and a lap top. Well I imagine we pay for it some how in the tuition but every student has both and now most books or only online....how things have changed! Happy Easter....!
We have an Ipad to share as a grade level (8 teachers) and my kids use it during math stations to math games and they LOVE it!
I would be in heaven! My dream job would be 5th grade with 1:1 iPads and an entirely paperless classroom!!
I am continually fascinated by the implementation of iPads in early childhood education. One app that I found really useful and that my kids enjoyed is A Jazzy Day app. It introduces young children to jazz music. It tells a story, and there is also a game portion where the kids must identify different types of instruments.
www.themelodybook.com/a-jazzy-day
Post a Comment