Still no baby...
My official due date is not until March 31st, so she's not actually late yet, but I was really thinking that my hour long reflexology session yesterday was going to kick labor into gear. I actually told the girl to do whatever tricks she knew to make labor start and she did...I just think that the body is ready when it's ready and all the "tricks" that people do only work if the body was ready for labor anyway.
No such luck. She's not ready to come out.
I baked some amazing cookies yesterday with a recipe I found on Kevin and Amanda. Gooey S'mores cookies with pulverized graham crackers, chocolate chunks, and mini marshmallow bits. Yum! I am going to make another batch today because the batch yesterday only made about 14 cookies and I have more ingredients so why not make more? I have a lot of time on my hands.
Speaking of which...when I am working, all I want is more time. When I have a lot of time, I feel a bit aimless. I finished the draft of my dissertation proposal and sent it off to my advisers even though they are both on spring break vacations right now. I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget in the craziness that will ensure when the baby comes. Now that the paper is checked off, I don't have anything really pressing to do.
I need a good book to read! Any suggestions?!
My in-laws suggested that new book called Bringing up Bebe about French parenting and I definitely want to read it, but I am thinking something more fluffy for right now would be better. I am considering going back to my endeavor to read all 100 novels from that list of 100 novels every teen should read. I read a good chunk of the titles listed back in Germany, but never finished. Now seems like a good time to try again. That would require 1. finding the list and 2. walking to the library. That could potentially be on the agenda for today.
I was so convinced I would be in the hospital by now having the baby, but now I am starting to think that she is going to be an April baby for sure. I went to the doctor yesterday and he confirmed again that all I need is contractions and things will move along, but he wanted me to schedule an induction date just so it's on the books. I guess it's just typical procedure to do so. Since my due date is 3/31, he said they usually schedule one week after that, so I have an appt. on April 7th at 6:00 am to be induced if she doesn't come before then. I really do NOT want to be induced and wouldn't necessarily mind waiting more exactly one week beyond my due date, but I think if I really wanted to push it back I could decide that at my next appt. The doctor just said that when the baby is late it's important to monitor and check just to make sure the baby is still doing okay. Sometimes there can be complications from being in too long, so they prefer to induce at 41 weeks instead of letting the baby stay in until 42 weeks. Fingers crossed she just decides to come out on her own before April 7th!

2 comments:
Aww- I hope she comes on her own soon :)
I'm assuming you've read Hunger Games already? If not I'd recommend that- I'm in the middle of it now. If you have then check out Violets of March- it's pretty light but I enjoyed it a lot, I also really liked Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt.
Katie have you read "Sarah's Key? I'm reading it now...it isn't a super uplifting book but I can't put it down. It is very well written. Someone gave me "It sucked and I cried." right after I had Logan and it was a good easy read. It was about a lady who has her first baby and the realities of post-partum. She writes a blog that the book is based on. She is funny and I related to some of her baby troubles.
Post a Comment