
I have been reading a lot of about culturally responsive teaching as well as diversity in education and have gotten some new books from the paperbackswap.com. These are books I am currently reading (I always seem to be reading 3-5 books at once) and I am really enjoying each of them. I actually already finished The Glass Castle and it was a terrific story that provided me with a lot of insight with regards to what the home life of the kids I teach might be like. I feel like sometimes I have a disconnect with my students because I can't relate to their situations, but this book helped me to have an idea of what makes some families tick. It was a quick read and I finished it in about a day because it was so good.
The other books are professional development type texts that I enjoy reading to gain different perspectives on my students and my teaching strategies. I am trying to become more culturally aware and sensitive so that my instruction meets culturally and linguistically diverse student needs.






No comments:
Post a Comment