Teacher Discounts


Everyone knows that teacher salaries don't break the bank, but many companies and stores offer discounts especially for teachers to help minimize out of pocket expenses. 

Here are a few discounts that I have learned about...

JCrew-15% in store discount with school ID badge. JCrew does not advertise this discount, but I asked in my local store and they did indeed give me 15% off and that was in addition to the sale price! JCrew has nice clothes that make great additions to a teacher's wardrobe, but items can be quite spendy.

Ann Taylor Loft-15% discount. Go to www.anntaylorloft.com. You can sign up online and you will receive a teacher discount pass via email. I also got a 20% off total purchase coupon as well. 

Staples-Sign up for Staples teacher rewards (Homeschool teachers count). They have an annual teacher appreciation day in August where you get a goodie bag of free stuff. Plus, with the rewards card, you earn a quarterly rebate check for in store and online orders. Orders >$50 online are delivered free so you don't have to leave the house! Return empty ink cartridges for a $3 coupon off next purchase online/instore. Sign up for email notices (about 2/month) and you'll get big deals like $20 off a $100 order (this is in addition to rebate and free delivery). Good Back to School and Christmas sales. Has copy center service,laminating, computers, photo printing. This is super convenient and a real $ saver!

Office Depot-Office Depot has a program called Star Teacher that offers various perks to teachers. The biggest PLUS: You get 10% Back in Rewards on ink, toner, and paper, PLUS 1% Back in Rewards on nearly everything else we sell when you earn at least $10 in Rewards! PLUS a 15% Instant Discount on Design & Print Services! For more information or to sign up visit www.mystarteacher.com.

JoAnn Fabrics-10% discount. The JoAnn Fabric teacher discount card requires you to fill out some information online and then you receive the discount card in the mail. Because I applied, I also started to receive the weekly flier which includes 40% off one item coupons. 

Borders-15% discount. I never knew it until recently, but Borders gives a 15% off discount to teachers for all purchases that will be used in the classroom. The discount does not apply if you are buying items for personal use, but professional development texts, and children's  books are part of the deal. You will be asked to show your teacher ID badge and fill out a form in the store.

Barnes and Noble-15-20% discount. Teachers can get 20% off the list price of hardback books and 15% off soft cover books with the Education Discount Card.

Lakeshore Learning-15% discount. I am not sure if the discount applies with online purchases, but teachers can receive 15% off in stores with the use of a discount card that is provided with proof of ID badge. Similar to a grocery store discount card, the Lakeshore discount card comes in a plastic credit card size as well as the smaller size that can fit on a key ring. The discount does not apply to certain items, but I have found that most items I want to purchase are part of the discount. 

$$$ Go ahead...start saving money! $$$

No comments: